May 17, 2017
Dear Parents of Ave Maria Catholic Academy,
Spring is finally here! It is hard to believe that it is the middle of May and only five weeks left before summer vacation. The students and teachers have been working hard and will soon be preparing for Final Exams. The Final Exam schedule is currently posted on the school’s website.
I would like to congratulate the second grade class on making the sacrament of First Holy Communion on Saturday, April 29, 2017. Special thanks to Miss Alsheimer and Mrs. Antonino in preparing the students for this special day. The children did a great job during the ceremony.
There have been many exciting things that occurred at AMCA and many more events in the next few weeks. Please remember to view the website and calendar for important events and school updates.
The following is a list of important upcoming events; please be sure to save the dates:
- Spring Family Festival: Come out and Join the Fun on Wednesday, May 17, 2017-Sunday, May 21, 2017. There will be lots of rides, fun games, and great food!
(Wednesday: 6pm-10pm/Thursday: 6pm-10pm Friday: 6pm-11pm Saturday: 6pm-11pm and Sunday: 6pm-10pm)
- Dreams Come True Production: The production will include the students in grades Nursery through eighth on Friday, May 19th at 10:00 a.m., and the students in grades three through eighth on Friday, May 19th at 7:00 p.m.. If you are interested in purchasing tickets for any of the performances, please call the school at 718-848-7440.
- NYS Grade 4 and 8 Science Performance Test will be taking place on Wednesday, May 24th.
- May Crowning: Thursday, May 25, 2017, at 10:00 a.m.
- Spirit Day: Friday, May 26, 2017
Please also remember to Save the Date for the Ave Maria Catholic Academy/Our Lady of Grace Dinner Dance on Friday, June 23, 2017. Invitations for this event will be mailed shortly. Come out and support our school, parish and this year’s wonderful honorees
Please also continue to support Shoparoo and Box Tops for Education programs. These programs bring in money for our school and allow us the opportunity to buy educational materials for the students.
Last but not least, enjoy this beautiful weather. We are in the home stretch now!